Outreach Center Name Submission
Fields with an (*) are required.
We need your help naming the future Upstate LGBTQ Outreach Center.
PFLAG Spartanburg is working to launch and establish a future LGBTQ+ Outreach Center in the Upstate of South Carolina. While the center will have a heavy focus on youth resources it will also provide a safe space and various health and community related resources for LGBTQ+ individuals of all ages, backgrounds and demographics. Our focus is to provide an easily accessible safe space within our community where LGBTQ+ youth who have been abandoned, isolated and ostracized from their homes, churches and schools can find fellowship, peace, acceptance and help. We hope “The Outreach Center” will become a model for similar locations across the Upstate and South Carolina.
The contest winner will receive two tickets to Rainbow Ball event on Saturday, May 4th, 2019.
How to Enter:
- Submit your entries no later than Wednesday, April 24th, 2019 using the form or by emailing to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No more than 3 entries may be submitted by one entrant.
- Include a short statement about why you chose the name(s) you did and why you feel an LGBTQ Outreach Center is important to our community.
- Include your name submission(s), full name, postal and email addresses.
Eligibility and Limitations:
- The contest is open only to individuals. The contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations or groups associated with such institutions.
- Persons must be 21 years of age or older.
- Applicant agrees to keep all submissions completely confidential and secret until it is announced at the Rainbow Ball event on May 4th, 2019.
- Prize will not include a credit for tickets already purchased.
Judging and selection of winner:
- Members of the Rainbow Ball event committee and the PFLAG Spartanburg board of directors will decide on the winner.
- PFLAG Spartanburg reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are submitted.
- The winning submission becomes the property of the new planning body and may only be used for the winner’s portfolio of work.
- The winner of the naming contest will be required to sign a release giving sole ownership to the new planning body.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for PFLAG Spartanburg and “The Outreach Center” to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name and submissions for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- The winner will be announced and notified no later than Sunday, April 28th, 2019.
- The winning name will be announced at the event and recognition given to the contest winner.
Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules. By participating in the contest, the entrant is representing and warranting that they have read and understood, and agreed to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these official rules constitute the entire agreement between the entrant and PFLAG Spartanburg and “The Outreach Center” in relation to the contest. They govern the entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the entrant and PFLAG Spartanburg and “The Outreach Center” and relating to the contest.